- 100% of Athletes must qualify as SEN Athletes.
- Participant Entry fee to this division will be waived for all athletes.
- An athlete’s specific caregiver will be allowed access to the venue without paying a spectator entry; however, the caregiver will need to secure a BCA ID in advance.
- All teams with special needs will follow the IASF general rules and routines requirements.
- Teams may execute skills up to, and including Level 2.
Exception: See letter “D” below.
All Stunts and Pyramids (at prep level or above) performed without a Coach/Assistant require an additional spotter that is a Coach/Assistant.
- Tosses are not permitted.
Clarification: This includes “Sponge” (also known as Load In or Squish) tosses.
Clarification: All waist level cradles are illegal.
- Spotted and assisted tumbling is allowed in the BCA Special Athlete division. F. Up to 3 Coaches/Assistants allowed to signal from the front of the mat and may not obstruct view of the judges. No limit to number of assistants around perimeter of the floor in a squat position.
- Assistants will be dressed in contrasting t-shirt and jeans or dark pants and trainers so it is clear to the judges who is the athlete and who is the Assistant.
Example: If athlete is in light colour uniform top, assistants will be in a dark matching t-shirt, if athlete is in light uniform top, all assistants will be in a dark coloured matching t-shirt. NO FLIP-FLOPS or Jewellery worn by assistants as to not cause injury. Assistants may not be in any type of cheer uniform.
- It is the responsibility of the coach to determine the capability and proficiency of the individual athletes when choosing the skills to be performed.
- Coaches/assistants can base, back spot, or be a top person in a stunt or pyramid. A coach/assistant can spot an athlete through a tumbling pass.
- A coach/assistant must be an additional spotter for any stunt that is at prep level or higher if the stunt consists of only special athletes.
- This division will not receive numeric scores, but will receive a critique sheet from the judges.