To all of our Cheerleading and Dance Community members,
The BCA has been actively working to continue our commitment to you all through our planning and production of events. This effort has led to quite a few changes that are going into effect for the 2018-19 Season. Here are some of the key upgrades to the BCA:
BCA event logos and branding has received a makeover. All of our competition logos are currently begin redesigned and will be released shortly.
In addition to new logos, we also have NEW events and reconfigured dates to compliment our already existing event calendar:
- BCA FUNdamentals is a competition concept catering to the introductory levels in Cheerleading (Level 1, 2, and Prep) as well as Cheer Stunt Groups, Solos, Duos, Trios and all divisions of Dance in addition to Dance Solos and Duets.
- Lower price point perfect for emerging programs, Universities, Schools, athletes that want to compete as a solo, or in a duo or trio or stunt group.
- K2 Crawley – 17 November 2018
- Northumbria University – February 23, 2019
- Derby Arena – March 18th, 2019
- Unified Age Grid and Divisions
- BCA will be following the SCUK Unified Age Grid for Cheer and Dance and will be offering all Cheer and Dance Team Divisions with the exception of Novice (we will offer Prep as the alternative).
- BCA will have slight variances on the Specialty Divisions offered at our events.
- BCA Loyalty Scheme
- Your team will receive a per participant entry discount on successive team entries to BCA Events. The more you enter the more you save.
- Your first team entry participant costs are fixed as per the BCA Pricing Structure
- Your second team entry you receive a £2 discount per athlete for the quantity of athletes on your first team entry.
- Your third team entry qualifies you for a £4 discount per athlete and continues with an increased discount of £2 per athlete if you keep attending.
- Completed details and T&C’s to be released soon.
- Scottish Sensation February 16-17, 2019 – SEC Armadillo, Glasgow
- That’s right we are coming back to Scotland. As we have had wonderful support from the Scottish Cheer and Dance community travelling down into England for our events we are now travelling up north to produce a 1.5 day event.
- All Cheer Divisions will take place on Saturday and All Dance Divisions will compete on Sunday.
- University Nationals March 16, 2019 – Derby Arena, Derby
- A 1-Day University Specific Event
- Spacious arena, central location, planned with universities in mind, quality production and seating, Trophies for all Teams. Grand Champion Cash Prizes, Participant medals for every athletes, Gold-Silver-Bronze Medals for top three placing team athletes.
- Schools Nationals March 17, 2019 Derby Arena, Derby
- Compete at the Schools Nationals and if you prefer stay longer and enter the FUNdamentals Derby event as well.
- British All Star Nationals April 19-21, 2019 – International Centre, Telford
- All Cheer and Dance Teams will compete twice at All Star Nationals this season.
- Scores are added together so both performances are crucial.
- Stunt Groups, Dance Solos, and Dance Duos will only compete once.
- Cash Prizes for Grand Champions
- Gold/Silver/Bronze Medals for all athletes placing top 3 in their division
- 4 total Paid Team Participant Entries to NCA/NDA Dallas in 2020
- 2 for Cheer 1 each day
- 2 for Dance 1 each day
- Super Classic May 25-16, 2019 – Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
- All Cheer Teams in the World’s Qualifying Divisions will compete twice.
- Cheer Teams will have both scores matter, as scores will be added so each performance carries the same weight.
- All International Open Dance teams will compete 1st round in their Division to qualify into the second Worlds Bid Round
- Top 4 Pom, Top 4 Jazz, Top 4 Contemporary/Lyrical, Top 4 Hip Hop Scores move forward.
- 2 additional Wild Card teams per judging panel will move forward as well totaling 20 International Open Dance teams competing for the coveted Worlds 2020 Bids.
- Dance Scores will be reset between Performance 1 and Performance 2.
- Summer Spotlight (formerly known as Summer Fiesta) July 13, 2019 – EIS, Sheffield
- Back to a 1-day competition with teams placing first in each division earning an Wild Card bid to the Champions Challenge to take place the following day.
- Champions Challenge July 14, 2019 – EIS, Sheffield
- A SEASON END competition that is by invitation only. Earn your invitation and FREE ENTRY by placing first in your division at any of the BCA Events in 2018-19 and compete free in the same completion year.
- Once you have a team qualify, all other teams from your gym will receive a £20 per participant entry fee to the Summer Spotlight to vie for that wild card bid
- Cash Prize to the Overall Grand Champion of the Champions’ Challenge
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Gary, Tez, Travis and all the BCA staff.